Getting rid of Monday's bad wrap!
A couple of weeks ago I visited a friend in Melbourne for the weekend and decided to stay and work there on Monday and head home that night. Talking full advantage of Melbourne’s amazing food scene, I ordered a pretty lavish breakfast to start my week and it got me thinking: “Why does Monday get such a bad rap?”.
Monday often symbolizes a “fresh start” and for many people Monday begins the work week- in other words ending the fun of the weekend. Often that “fresh start” is linked with things that are not typically fun like starting a new diet, quitting a pesky habit or quite frankly getting your shit together.
I feel like Monday is seen to be a day to be obedient and do you know what I say to that? “I don’t wanna”.
In all seriousness though, there has got to be a way to make those Sunday Blues and Mundane Mondays a bit easier. The solution? Give Monday a break. Give yourself a break! Schedule something in to make your Monday that little bit more special. It can be anything and doesn’t have to be a huge thing. It can be something as simple as mine was- a nice breakfast out.
- Make an event of it, some suggestions are:
- Do a special dinner at home with the family. You can make this a reoccurring occasion such as “Meatless Monday” where you try a different vegetarian meal each week
- Meet up with a friend for coffee
- Use your lunch break to get outdoors
- Try a new class. This could be something you’ve always wanted to try and never have. Maybe a dance class, woodworking or whatever tickles your fancy.
- Go to bed 30 mins early and indulge in a good book
- Run a bath
- Get a massage
There are so many little things you can do to make your Monday that little bit more bearable, all it takes is a little thought. Who knows, that little thing may just become a Monday tradition!